Now We're Even

Brandon turned 25 on Monday and so I am no longer "older" (Yes, I know I am still older, but I am not being technical). It really doesn't bother me being a whole two months older than him, but I do have to give him a hard time about dating "an older woman" :) Brandon's parents flew up for the special occasion and we had a wonderful time. Brandon was able to come home Friday night and wasn't called back to work before he was officially off on Sunday night!! Brandon's parents came in on Saturday and were a little surprised to see Brandon so soon. As soon as we got back from the airport, we headed downtown to watch OSU take on Texas Tech and that is all I will say about that. The good thing of the night was that we were able to introduce Don and Charmaine to a few of our Denver friends and we had a delicious dinner (Hawaiian Pizza on the Chicago-style crust...yum). On Sunday, we lounged around awhile before heading up to Boulder to have a late lunch, window shopping and driving in the mountains. For Brandon's actual birthday we drove up to Allenspark and went ATVing. This was the first time I had ever been on an ATV and I was a little nervous that I would fall off it and break something...I am a pretty clumsy person, so it could happen. I did not fall off and I actually had a fantastic time. There were a couple occasions in which I was a little scared, but overall I enjoyed it. It was a cool day with a few snowflakes and snow on parts of the trail. I think this made it an even better day. For Brandon's birthday dinner we went out for a scrumptious dinner at Joe's Crab Shack where Brandon was humiliated by everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to him while he played the "drums". (He had a good time, even if he doesn't want to admit it). It was so nice to have a few days off work and spending time with Brandon and his family.

No comments: