Baking Queen

In the past two weeks I have baked my heart out:
  • A 12 Layer Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Icing (mine actually ended up with 11 layers) for Rush, who EnCana finally allowed to retire. This was an oh so delicious cake and one that will be made again. Baking this cake was a long process (4+ hours), but worth every minute of it. See here for recipe from Bakerella.
  • A couple nights later I baked Dark Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Buttercream Icing for a friend and her family as they journeyed to Michigan. I have to admit, this was an easy one...box of brownie mix and leftover icing from the cake above. But it still took some effort on my part, so it counts :)
  • Then because Brandon got to enjoy none of my specialties above and felt completely left out I had to make him cupcakes. So I made 24 butter yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Again I cheated, but only halfway. I used a box cake mix, but made my own chocolate frosting.
So in a span of 5 days, I made all of the above. At this point, I was sugared out and really tired of cleaning my kitchen (I tend to make a HUGE mess when I cook).
  • Then last night I offered to make something sweet for Brandon and his roommates at his crashpad in Fresno. So this morning I made a batch of Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. This recipe makes a lot of cookies and Brandon ended up with a good size tub and I was left with more than I need--I guess work will have a few treats tomorrow too :)
I know I said it last week, but I am definitely tired of all that sugar now. I don't think I will be baking anything this week or I'm not planning on it anyway.

No comments: